Host Daniel Hussey summarises all the podcast bets for Week 1 of the NFL from Drew Dinsick, Sam Farley and Judah Fortgang…
The new NFL season is finally upon us, and what a Week 1 we have in store.
Some strong opinions from all the crew as we covered the four marquee games, Any Other Bets and Best Bets.
Plus, we also looked at the Super Bowl LVIII Outright market on the Matchbook Betting Exchange, with some big prices put up.
Good luck to all for the season, and please gamble responsibly!
NFL: Week 1 Best Bets | Super Bowl LVIII Picks https://t.co/VlA4rX5E4O
— Matchbook Betting Exchange (@TeamMatchbook) September 6, 2023
Super Bowl / Outright Bets
- Drew – Think the BILLS (11.0) will be the early season price that shortens the most aggressively, and trading this market would be important to have them. The JAGUARS (32.0) are the team I’ve most heavily staked because I think their path to the 1-seed is underpriced.
- Sam – Chiefs still the best team in football, but I’m not backing at 7.6. CHARGERS (24.0) is nice value. Real longshot – PACKERS (90.0)
- Judah – COMMANDERS (210.0)
49ers @ Steelers (Sun 18:00)
- Drew – STEELERS ML 2.14 for me, SF being rated like they are full strength, and I think we have at least a month until they find that level, absence of Bosa and potentially Kittle matter
- Sam – STEELERS +2.0 (1.92) – Steelers to be hugely improved in 23. Love Darnell Washington, Pickett solid in preseason. Pickens and Johnson to shine. Unsure on 49ers QB situation
- Judah – 49ERS-4.5 (2.4) – if this game was priced up last year, this would be the spread
Dolphins @ Chargers (Sun 21:25)
- Drew – DOLPHINS +3.0 (1.92)
- Sam – Highest points total on Sunday. I’d still go OVER 50.5 (1.9). Lean Chargers -3.0 but no bet on handicap
- Judah – Sets up as a live bet, but no pre-game play
Cowboys @ Giants (SNF)
- Drew – Fascinating handicap, but pass for me at the current price
- Sam – OVER 46.0 (1.94)
- Judah – Fascinating handicap, but pass for me at the current price
Bills @ Jets (MNF)
- Drew – UNDER 46.0 (1.98) – biggest edge for me in the totals markets this week
- Sam – I’m steering clear, observing brief for me
- Judah – Steering clear
Any Other Week 1 Bets
- Drew – OVER 41.5 Titans @ Saints (1.98)
- Drew – UNDER 43.5 Texans @ Ravens (1.92)
- Drew – Eagles @ PATRIOTS+4.0 (1.95)
- Sam – PACKERS ML @ Bears (2.02)
- Sam – BENGALS ML @ Browns (1.8)
- Judah – JAGUARS -5.5 @ Colts (2.02)
- Judah – Titans @ SAINTS -3.0 (2.04)
Best Week 1 Bets
- Drew – Rams @ SEAHAWKS -5.5 (1.94)
- Sam – Bucs @ VIKINGS -5.5 (1.96)
- Judah – RAIDERS ML @ Broncos (2.72)